Thursday 26 July 2012

Finished studies with distinction

After 3 years I've finished the FdSc in Applied Animal Behvaioural Science and Welfare. The last year was the best, but it was hard work and so I decided not to go on to do the top up year to gain the BSc quite yet. This would be a full-time year and I have too many other things going on.
I will however be developing my skills as a horse trainer - I want to work with rescue horses in particular, but any 'problems' would be welcome. I have enrolled on an Introductory course on Clicker Training with Amanda Martin of Smaart Horses. I used to be sceptical, but it all is beginning to fall into place.
Obviously it's not just training that is important with rehabilitation, but looking at what will enable a horse to respond in a better way; you need to look at history, routine, environment, and people involved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment